After three years working on Meanwhile activity, Meanwhile Space CIC have launched Meanwhile Connect; a service that connects individuals/groups who are looking for temporary space to a wide range of empty properties and spaces that are immediately available.
Please see below for more information or to see our current listings, please click here. You can also keep up to date with developments via Twitter @Meanwhile_Cnect.
Landlords – are you suffering from Space Ache?
Empty properties can prove costly in more ways than one. From business rates to security, we can connect your premises to a wide variety of potential meanwhile users. Our occupiers cover the costs associated with your space, maintain your property and crucially, allow you to take the property back when you need it. Meanwhile projects also often go on to look for more permanent space, which could result in you negotiating a longer-term letting of your property.
We receive enquiries from many different sources; start-ups, young businesses, artists, crafters, makers (and others from the creative sector) and social enterprises are just a selection of the projects who are currently looking for meanwhile use of premises. Please contact Edward Quigley email@example.com to find out more about how we can make use of your empty space and save you money.
Are you looking for temporary, low-cost space?
The Meanwhile Connect service can connect you to a selection of readily available empty spaces that include shops, offices, studios, workshops and industrial units. Our spaces come in all shapes and sizes and we enable you to get quick and straightforward access to them for the temporary period you need and at a low cost.
Got an idea for an empty space?
How the service works:
- You search properties via Meanwhile Connect and complete a Project Proposal Form (see below), so that we know what you’re looking for and can get in touch with you
- If find a space that is of interest, get in touch with us to arrange a viewing
- We will arrange the viewing, look to answer any questions you may have and if you want to use a space, we will forward your Project Proposal onto the landlord
- With the landlord’s agreement, you then sign a meanwhile lease on a rent-free basis, but covering rates, insurance, utilities and any other costs (such as service charges) for the meanwhile period
- That’s it! There are no other costs – no signing up or registration fee