THE "TO-DO" LIST and other considerations from session Tuesday 25 May
HACKNEY KICKSTART SESSIONS – TUESDAY 25TH MAY 2010
HOXTON MEANWHILE – THE “TO DO LIST”
1. Look for current activity to connect with (i.e. Shoreditch Festival)
2. Establish regeneration (and similar) priorities in the borough. Can projects be aligned with these?
3. Create a list of empty properties with description and brief technical details
4. Identify key people within the system. Create a database/list of who’s who in Hackney, who can help, and share info on who’s contacted them, comments etc.
5. Set up a “dating agency” between those with spaces and those with ideas and list/publicise
6. Create a “Proposal” template for group to use when approaching landlords. (do templates exist already in Hackney council? What core info is required)
7. Build the political arguments for Meanwhile in the borough and craft into convincing case
8. Set dates for physical networking/regular get- togethers
9. Populate and get momentum behind ning group
10. Identify what want/need from Meanwhile Space (suggested mentoring and support on approach)
11. Create some ‘rules of engagement’
12. Who is Hoxton Meanwhile (name tbc)?
CONSIDERATIONS AND ISSUES
• (build and maintain) Credibility
• (can the group produce something for landlords and others to use) Off the shelf
• (can we become the) Interface between projects and space
• (always) Be professional
• (projects must consider) Security of contents and property
• (what can be done to) De-risk projects for the landlord
• What are the benefits for the landlord
• What kind of projects pose what kind of risks to the landlord
• (to let people know about the projects can we produce) Guide/info
• Space management – must always look professional/good quality as must the approach and interaction with landlord/public
• How to find partners
• (to create feasible shortlist of potential projects) Do research and legwork
• (to get a result) Make it easy for the landlord!